News & Updates
- Ashon Crawley's Lonely Letters wins the Lambda Literary Award for Nonfiction
- Damon Young wins the Thurber Award for American Humor
- Ashon Crawley's Lonely Letters wins the Believer Award for Nonfiction
- Emily Bernard is a newly elected fellow of the Society of American Historians
- Starred Kirkus review for Tiya Miles' All That She Carried
Ayana Byrd, a graduate of Barnard college she has covered celebrities and pop culture for Vibe, Rolling Stone, Essence, L’Uomo Vogue, Glamour and other magazines. She is the co-author of Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America (St. Martin’s Press) with Lori Tharps, Naked: Black Women Bare All on Their Hair, Skin, Hips, Lips and Other Parts (Perigee/Penguin with Akiba Solomon she co-edited , Yani & Shani’s Rainy Day (Kifani Press; co-written with Shani Saxon-Parrish). She is currently at work on her first novel.