News & Updates
- Michael Eric Dyson in NYT's By The Book
- 5 Worlds v. 4: Amber Anthem debuts at #14 on the NYT Bestseller List
- Emily Bernard wins the LA Times Christopher Isherwood Prize for Autobiographical Prose
- Stephanie Jones-Rogers' They Were Her Property wins the LA Times History Prize
- Sharon Draper receives Massachusetts Reading Association 2020 Children's Literature Award
Danica Novgorodoff is an artist, writer, graphic designer, and horse wrangler from Louisville, KY, currently living in Brooklyn, New York. Her books include A Late Freeze, Slow Storm, Refresh, Refresh (included in Best American Comics 2011), and The Undertaking of Lily Chen. Her art and writing has been published in Best American Comics, Artforum, Esquire, VQR, Slate, Orion, Seneca Review, Ecotone Journal, and many others. She was awarded a 2015 New York Foundation for the Arts fellowship in Literature, and was named Sarabande Books’ 2016 writer in residence. She has been a fellow at the MacDowell Colony, Blue Mountain Center, VCCA, Brush Creek, and Willapa Bay AiR. She currently completing her first picture book at work adapting and illustrating Jason Reynold’s National Book Award winning novel, Long Way Down, forthcoming from Simon&Schuster and writing her own non-fiction graphic novel about climate change for young people forthcoming with First Second Books.