News & Updates
- Glory: Magical Visions of Black Beauty Hits the New York Times Middle Grade Hardcover Bestseller List at #7
- The New Yorker gives a glowing review to Syllabus: The Remarkable, Unremarkable Document That Changes Everything
- Starred Kirkus review for Alicia Garza's Purpose of Power
- Ian Lendler's The First Dinosaur: How Science Solved the Greatest Mystery on East nominated for the Northern California Book Award
- Dani McClain's We Live For the We nominated for Hurston Wright nonfiction award
James Otis Smith
James Otis Smith is a multi-talented artist whose work spans illustration, comics, motion graphics, and video. Formerly a member of the Act-i-vate Comix collective, Smith lives in Brooklyn, New York. Most recently he adapted and illustrated the graphic Showtime at the Apollo: The Epic Tale of Harlem's Legendary Theater by Ted Fox.