News & Updates
- Michael Eric Dyson's Jay Z: Made in America hits the New York Times bestseller list
- NPR names Damon Young's What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Blacker a favorite for 2019
- Maureen Corrigan picks Emily Bernard's Black is the Body as one of her "10 Unputdownable Reads" for 2019
- Ian Lendler's Dinosaur is a Kirkus Best Middle-Grade Nonfiction of 2019
- Brittney Cooper's Eloquent Rage is optioned by Gabrielle Union's production company, I’ll Have Another
5 Worlds Book 2
R. J. Palacio, #1 New York Times bestselling author of WONDER, hails this adventure series as "Mind-blowingly beautiful. . . . A must-read."
Think Star Wars meets Avatar: The Last Airbender!
5 Worlds. 3 Unlikely Heroes. 1 Epic Battle for the Galaxy!
Oona Lee surprised everyone--including herself--when she lit the first beacon to save the Five Worlds from extinction. Can she light the other four beacons in time? Next stop, Toki! On the blue planet, Oona must face the sister who left her, and bring to light the Cobalt Prince's dark secrets. Meanwhile, An Tzu is fading away as his mysterious illness gets worse. Will it stop him from joining the fight? Or will his unique magic be just what the team needs?And Jax Amboy is a hero on the starball field, but in a moment of real danger, will he risk everything to save his friends?
Oona must rely on some surprising new allies in order to stop a terrible plot from unfolding and continue her quest across the 5 WORLDS!
Praise for 5 Worlds Book 1:
A Publishers Weekly Best Summer Book
A Junior Library Guild Selection
A New York Public Library's Top Ten Best Book for Kids 2017
Included in NPR's Guide to 2017's Great Reads
2017 Nerdy Book Club Award Winners for Best Graphic Novel
"Bang-zoom . . . epic." --The New York Times Book Review
"Sensitive writing, gorgeous artwork, and riveting plot." --Booklist, Starred Revew
"A dazzling interplanetary fantasy . . . that will easily appeal to fans of Naruto or Avatar: The Last Airbender." --Publishers Weekly, Starred Review