News & Updates
- Michael Eric Dyson's Jay Z: Made in America hits the New York Times bestseller list
- NPR names Damon Young's What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Blacker a favorite for 2019
- Maureen Corrigan picks Emily Bernard's Black is the Body as one of her "10 Unputdownable Reads" for 2019
- Ian Lendler's Dinosaur is a Kirkus Best Middle-Grade Nonfiction of 2019
- Brittney Cooper's Eloquent Rage is optioned by Gabrielle Union's production company, I’ll Have Another
5 Worlds Book 3
R. J. Palacio, #1 New York Times bestselling author of WONDER, hails this adventure series as "Mind-blowingly beautiful. . . . A must-read."
Think Star Wars meets Avatar: The Last Airbender!
In book 3, Oona Lee is determined to light Moon Yatta's beacon and continue her quest to save the galaxy. But reaching the red beacon means navigating an impossible maze of pipes and facing devious enemies at every turn. Luckily, her friend Jax Amboy has returned from his adventures transformed! Now he must confront the owner of his former starball team, a ruthless businessman who will stop at nothing to get his best player back on the field . . . and who can grant them access to the beacon. Meanwhile, Oona and An Tzu find a mysterious rebel leader and release a surprising power within Oona's magic. Will they make it in time to stop the evil force seeking to rule the 5 Worlds?
Praise for 5 Worlds:
A Publishers Weekly Best Summer Book
A Junior Library Guild Selection
A New York Public Library's Top Ten Best Book for Kids 2017
Included in NPR's Guide to 2017's Great Reads
A Nerdy Book Club Award Winner for Best Graphic Novel
A Texas Library Association Maverick Graphic Novel Selection
A Black-Eyed Susan Book Award Nominee
"Bang-zoom . . . a series that promises to be epic." --The New York Times Book Review
"Sensitive writing, gorgeous artwork, and riveting plot." --Booklist, Starred Revew
"A dazzling interplanetary fantasy . . . that will easily appeal to fans of Naruto or Avatar: The Last Airbender." --Publishers Weekly, Starred Review