News & Updates
- Ashon Crawley's Lonely Letters wins the Lambda Literary Award for Nonfiction
- Damon Young wins the Thurber Award for American Humor
- Ashon Crawley's Lonely Letters wins the Believer Award for Nonfiction
- Emily Bernard is a newly elected fellow of the Society of American Historians
- Starred Kirkus review for Tiya Miles' All That She Carried
Cupcake's life is pretty good. He's got his bakery, and his band, and his best friend, Eggplant. His days are full of cooking, socializing, and playing music. But lately, Cupcake has been struggling in the kitchen. He's sure the solution to all his problems is out there somewhere. But maybe that solution is hiding closer to home.
Sara Varon returns with an ageless tale as dreamy and evocative as her break-out hit graphic novel Robot Dreams. At once deeply metaphorical and hilariously literal, Bake Sale is a story for anyone who's ever looked for an easy answer to life's intractable difficulties. It's also a cookbook: Varon includes seven delicious recipes, from classic cupcakes to sugared flower petals to marzipan.