News & Updates
- Imani Perry and Damon Young are nominated for a 2019 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work Non-Fiction
- Ian Lendler's he First Dinosaur: How Science Solved the Greatest Mystery on Earth has been named the Golden Kite Honor Book in the category of Nonfiction for Older Readers given by SCBWI
- Nelson Institute professor of Environmental Justice, Monica White has been awarded both the 2019 Eduardo Bonilla-Silva Outstanding Book Award and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Race, Ethnicity, and Indigeneity (REI) Fellowship for her research relating to Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement
- Ian Lendler's The Fabled Life of Aesop received a Kirkus starred review
- Michael Eric Dyson's Jay Z: Made in America hits the New York Times bestseller list
Rafael Rosado, Illustrator
Scrappy Claudette sets out once again with her pal Marie and her little brother Gaston to right wrongs and fight evil. And this time, it's personal. Claudette is out to get the dragon who ate her father's legs...and his legendary sword. But as usual, nothing is as simple as it seems, and Claudette is going to need Marie and Gaston's help more than ever.
Funny, fast, high-energy storytelling in an inventive and perilous fantasy landscape makes Dragons Beware! a fantastic follow-up to 2012's middle-grade hit Giants Beware!