News & Updates
- Brittney Coopers Eloquent Rage hits the New York Times Bestsellers List
- Michael Eric Dyson in NYT's By The Book
- 5 Worlds v. 4: Amber Anthem debuts at #14 on the NYT Bestsellers List
- Emily Bernard wins the LA Times Christopher Isherwood Prize for Autobiographical Prose
- Stephanie Jones-Rogers' They Were Her Property wins the LA Times History Prize
From Kahran and Regis Bethencourt, the dynamite husband and wife duo behind CreativeSoul Photography, comes GLORY, a photography book that shatters the conventional standards of beauty for Black children.
Featuring a foreword by Amanda Seales
With stunning images of natural hair and gorgeous, inventive visual storytelling, GLORY puts Black beauty front and center with more than 100 breathtaking photographs and a collection of powerful essays about the children. At its heart, it is a recognition and celebration of the versatility and innate beauty of black hair, and black beauty. The glorious coffee-table book pays homage to the story of our royal past, celebrates the glory of the here and now, and even dares to forecast the future.
It brings to life past, present, and future visions of black culture and showcases the power and beauty of recognizing and celebrating oneself. Beauty as an expression of who you are is power. When we define our own standards of beauty, we take back that power. GLORY encourages children around the world to feel that power and harness it.