News & Updates
- Starred Kirkus review for Alicia Garza's Purpose of Power
- Ian Lendler's The First Dinosaur: How Science Solved the Greatest Mystery on East nominated for the Northern California Book Award
- Dani McClain's We Live For the We nominated for Hurston Wright nonfiction award
- Damon Young's What Doesn't Kill You Makes you Blacker nominated for Hurston Wright nonfiction award
- Starred Publishers Weekly review for Everything Naomi Loved Katie Yamasaki and Ian Lendler, illus. by Katie Yamasaki
Xanthe Bouma, Illustrator
In this charming and accessible picture book, Ian Lendler and Xanthe Bouma offer a heart-warming account of the childhood of the Buddha.
A spoiled young prince, Siddhartha got everything he ever asked for, until he asked for what couldn’t be given―happiness.
Join Little Sid as he sets off on a journey of discovery and encounters mysterious wise-folk, terrifying tigers, and one very annoying mouse.
With Lendler’s delightful prose and Bouma’s lyrical artwork, Little Sid weaves traditional Buddhist fables into a classic new tale of mindfulness, the meaning of life, and an awakening that is as profound today as it was 2,500 years ago.