News & Updates
- Imani Perry and Damon Young are nominated for a 2019 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work Non-Fiction
- Ian Lendler's he First Dinosaur: How Science Solved the Greatest Mystery on Earth has been named the Golden Kite Honor Book in the category of Nonfiction for Older Readers given by SCBWI
- Nelson Institute professor of Environmental Justice, Monica White has been awarded both the 2019 Eduardo Bonilla-Silva Outstanding Book Award and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Race, Ethnicity, and Indigeneity (REI) Fellowship for her research relating to Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement
- Ian Lendler's The Fabled Life of Aesop received a Kirkus starred review
- Michael Eric Dyson's Jay Z: Made in America hits the New York Times bestseller list
Cecil Castellucci, Co-author
Theodora is a perfectly normal duck. She may swim with a teacup balanced on her head and stay north when the rest of the ducks fly south for the winter, but there's nothing so odd about that.
Chad, on the other hand, is one strange bird. Theodora quite likes him, but she can't overlook his odd habits. It's a good thing Chad has a normal friend like Theodora to set a good example for him.
But who exactly is the odd duck here? Theodora may not like the answer.
Sara Varon (Robot Dreams) teams up with Cecil Castellucci (Grandma's Gloves) for a gorgeous, funny, and heartwarming examination of the perils and pleasures of friendship.
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013