News & Updates
- Starred Kirkus review for Alicia Garza's Purpose of Power
- Ian Lendler's The First Dinosaur: How Science Solved the Greatest Mystery on East nominated for the Northern California Book Award
- Dani McClain's We Live For the We nominated for Hurston Wright nonfiction award
- Damon Young's What Doesn't Kill You Makes you Blacker nominated for Hurston Wright nonfiction award
- Starred Publishers Weekly review for Everything Naomi Loved Katie Yamasaki and Ian Lendler, illus. by Katie Yamasaki
Cecil Castellucci, Co-author
Theodora is a perfectly normal duck. She may swim with a teacup balanced on her head and stay north when the rest of the ducks fly south for the winter, but there's nothing so odd about that.
Chad, on the other hand, is one strange bird. Theodora quite likes him, but she can't overlook his odd habits. It's a good thing Chad has a normal friend like Theodora to set a good example for him.
But who exactly is the odd duck here? Theodora may not like the answer.
Sara Varon (Robot Dreams) teams up with Cecil Castellucci (Grandma's Gloves) for a gorgeous, funny, and heartwarming examination of the perils and pleasures of friendship.
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013