News & Updates
- Martha Jones's Vanguard wins the L.A. Times Book Prize in History
- Farah Jasmine Griffin is named a 2021 Guggenheim Fellow
- Imani Perry is named a 2021 Guggenheim Fellow
- Laurence Ralph is named a 2021 Guggenheim Fellow
- Ashon Crawley's Lonely Letters is nominated for a Lambda Literary Award in the category of nonfiction
One hundred years ago. On the foggy Hudson River, a riverboat captain rescues an injured mermaid from the waters of the busiest port in the United States. A wildly popular―and notoriously reclusive―author makes a public debut. A French nobleman seeks a remedy for a curse. As three lives twine together and race to an unexpected collision, the mystery of the Mermaid of the Hudson.
A beguiling love story with elements of Melville, Conrad, Twain, and ancient myths, drawn in moody black-and-white charcoal, this new paperback edition of the New York Times Best-Selling graphic novel by author/illustrator Mark Siegel is a study in romance, atmosphere, and suspense. Don't miss Sailor Twain.
“A gripping novel with compelling characters, enhanced by haunting, erotically charged drawings.”
A New York Times Bestseller
“Absolutely not to be missed.” ―Booklist, starred review
California Library Association—Best Graphic Novel
San Diego Comic Con—Eisner Award Nominee
Washington Post Best Books of the Year