News & Updates
- Brittney Cooper's Eloquent Rage nominated for a Hurston Wright Legacy Award
- Imani Perry's Looking for Lorraine wins 2019 Lambda Literary Award for LGBTQ nonfiction
- A Starred Kirkus for Imani Perry's Breathe
- Tanisha Ford's Dressed in Dreams an Essence 10 Best Summer Reads selection
- Salamishah Tillet Opinion piece for the New York Times
The First Dinosaur
Join early scientists as they piece together one of humanity’s greatest puzzles—the fossilized bones of the first dinosaur!
Dinosaurs existed. That’s a fact we accept today. But not so long ago, the concept that these giant creatures could have roamed Earth millions of years before humans was unfathomable. People thought what we know as dinosaur bones were the bones of giant humans. Of large elephants. Of angels, even.
So, how did we get from angel wings to the T-Rex? The First Dinosaur tells the story of the idea of dinosaurs, and the chain of fossil discoveries and advances in science that led to that idea. Be prepared to meet eccentric men and overlooked women who uncovered the pieces to a puzzle so much bigger than themselves, a puzzle far stranger and more spectacular than they could have ever imagined.